Pages

2009-09-25

Job Hunting Ordeal

It’s been more than a month I have set off to hunt a job and the experience as a job hunter is rather bitter. When initially I created a profile in the job portals, I was in high spirits and hopes. I got a number of calls from various consultancies and companies. After a customary walk through my profile, the consultant/HR will assure me that my profile is perfect for the job opening. Then, there will be an optional phone interview where all my past experience and knowledge will be questioned. Next will be a face to face interview which will be 2 to 3 rounds of technical interview. After that, the HR will say the typical “We will call you soon and we will discuss the rest”. Following that will be a long silence and an expectation every time the phone rings. Finally the expectation turns to frustrations.

Few of my bad experience: In one company, they called me for a face to face interview and when I reached there, HR said all the interviewers have gone for a meeting and the interview cannot be conducted. I just had to travel 1 hour to hear that. In another, there were 3 rounds of interview where all the interviewers asked me the same question in the same order. Where they testing if I am consistent in my answers?? Huh...! @#%^&*().. In 2/3 companies, after all the rounds of interview I was informed they were looking for candidates with development experience. I have walked them through my profile for so many time and they could have rejected me earlier. Why make me go through all the procedure and then reject :’(???

Anyway, it’s all part of job hunting. Anyone who is hunting job will go through all these. I am not an exception. Just hoping for the phone to ring and enjoy the day at office.

3 comments:

Saraswathy said...

All the best!

vin1s4u said...

It happens...
All the very best!

Hema said...

Hi,
What happened to your job hunt now?
Did u got the job? Where? Eager to know. Even I am in the job junt.
All the best.

Related Posts with Thumbnails