Pages

2009-09-22

Zio in Photographs


I was cleaning my closet and caught hold of few old photographs. As always it was the end of cleaning cupboard. Mom walked in with a cup of tea. When raining like cats and dogs, a cup of tea and a bundle of old albums. Wow!!! Soon we got engrossed in the photographs. Every photo had a story, a sequence behind it. There was one picture in which I was sitting in a small tub full of bubbles – My own bubble bath. In another my brother and cousin were making faces and looked very angry. This was because they were angry as my aunt left them behind during my baby cousins’ photo session. Hamara Bajaj, Neyveli 21 block flat no. 7-B, old friends – Nithya, Vaigarai, Sudha, Ram, Jaishree, Diana, Sherlin, Kutti Saranya, picnics to Mysore, Viyzak, Bangalore, Kerala, the prizes won in school days. Wow remembering those days was awesome. My grandmom walked in a little while later, she had her own set of stories. She told about her days when photos were captured by a camera hidden in a blankets.

Soon there was a discussion about how new technologies have removed the soul in photographs. I wanted to verify so I booted my laptop and started the slideshow of my college pictures. As the slides moved, I felt I was walking through those hostel corridors, living in M-407, eating puffs in Aunty Shop. It’s really great. Photograph is truly a time machine. Whatever form it is in, any new technology, cannot remove the soul or the moment cherished in those click.

"Makros Zioros Photographs"

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails