Pages

2009-03-17

I won a Jackpot.. LOL

It was Feb 18th; as usual I came to office logged into my machine and was checking mails. As I was scrolling down I saw one unusual mail, my eye balls literally popped out reading the snippet which said:
YAHOO/
MSN LOTTERY INC (2 Inbox Dear Winner – Dear Winner This is to inform you that you have won a prize of seven hundred and fifty thousand …
I quickly opened the mail to read it. It held this:
Yahoo
Msn Lottery Board to info
Dear Winner...
This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of seven hundred and fifty thousand Great Britain Pound
Sterlings (£750,000.00) for the month of FEBRUARY 2009 Lottery promotion which is organized by YAHOO/MSN LOTTERY INC.
We congratulate you for being one of the five person selected. You are to contact the events manager for claims these are your identification numbers:
Batch number.....................(
XYZ1234XY)
Reff number.......................( XYZ1234XY)
Winning number...................(
XY12345)
However you will have to fill and submit the information’s below to the events
1. Full name..............
2. Contact Address........
3. Age....................
4. Telephone Number.......
5. Sex....................
6.Occupation...................
7..State:.................
8.Country................
9. Your Reference and Batch number at the top of this mail:
{CONTACT EVENTS MANAGER}
Name: Mr.David Mark
E-mail:
XYZ.XYZ@COM

I knew it was a spam. But still the amount was very intimidating. At once I googled to find how much it is in INR. It was 5,48,51,456. (5.5 Crore) Wow!!! Naturally I started dreaming how nice it will be if I had 5.5 crore. Awesome!!! After a long list of plans and budgets with the imaginary money, I came out of the day dream and told myself “It’s never gonna happen”.
After few weeks, again I got the abridged version of the same mail. Though I was 99% sure the mail must be a spam, 1% I was suspicious.
Cmmm.. The amount was tooooooo big to ignore in seconds. I did a recheck and googled to find what it was. I sometimes think what will happen if google was not found. Life without google seems impossible nowadays. Google crashed my million dollar dream. This mail has been received by at least half a million people. :(
The following week again I got a mail from UNITED NATION TRUST FUNDS saying I have won 650,500.000.00
GBP. This time I was irritated. I just deleted the mail.
Now I am receiving similar mails everyday. Sometimes it’s Million dollars or Rs 60,00,000 “only”. The good part about these mails is that I feel lucky when I open my mailbox and find I have won some
xyz amount everyday ;). The bad part is I won’t realize even if I will really win something. LOL

4 comments:

Venkat said...

If that were true, I would have overtook Bill, Warren and Ambanis. I ve got 6-7 mails already claiming over 40 crores. :-)

I am sure that you would have called your dad and said this news happily - similar to one Vodafone Ad.

«AM» said...

I wonder why you are getting so much spam in the first place... anyway I guess my dreams will last only for a crore or two.. what to do with the rest!

Rakesh Vanamali said...

By now, I guess I would have gotten these emails aggregating a few billion!

Thankfully, you didnt fall for it! A lot of people do!

btw.....am from ooty too ;)

Johnson Prem Kumar said...

Man’s senses are his only direct cognitive contact with reality ...

I dont understand, if you dont mind can u explain via johnsonpremkumar@gmail.com. Just curious nothing else

Related Posts with Thumbnails