Pages

2009-03-08

Granny... a girl’s best friend!!!

Today, I read an article in women’s day special edition of Time’s Life, “Granny... a girl’ best friend!” by actress Amrita Rao. It was her tribute to her granny. After I read the article, I thought I will write something about my grannies.

Still I remember those days when I visited my maternal grandma’s house during holidays. Every night I will lie next to her listening to mythological stories. Those where the time I knew who was Krishna, Rama, Hanuman or Vivekananda. Once we shifted to granny’s house, I used to massage her leg/head and tell her all the stupid stories of the day in school. Sometimes she laughed. Whenever it was necessary to warn me, she used to warn in the sweetest way. When I threw tantrums, she will mock calling me “Missy”. Whenever my favourite dish was cooked, she used to save it, so that I can have it after school. When my mom accused I am fat, she will stand by my side to say, every girl should look bubbly not skinny. Every time I felt home for college/work, she will bless me and kiss me on the forehand. Sometimes I wonder will I be able to manage things like her ever.


Talking about my other grandma, I have never been so close with her. Every time we visited her, she will try to make everything we liked. She will pamper us so much that she will even bring the food to bed. Every time we left or we called her, she will speak very little. But I can feel every word is filled with pure love and concern.


I have come across people who hate their grandparents. But its opposite with me, I just love them. May be that is why I always respect the people of old age. They have pure love and concern for us. They are the people who live hundreds and thousands of miles away still thinking and praying all the happiness for their every grandchild. They have made their children the best people on earth taught how we can live our best.


Love you granny always!!!

1 comments:

«AM» said...

Same here.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails