Pages

2008-11-11

Overcoming my Cooking Nightmare

Cooking has always scared me. When I was in my 8th class, my aunts and others used to give me lectures on "How cooking is important for a girl" and all. I hated cooking in every way. When I grew a little older in my college days, I used to boost saying the one food I can prepare is instant noodles/boil water. Even though i tried few special menus now and then, or helped my mom slate onions, I never observed whats in it. Advising me to cook was screaming in deaf ears.

Days Passed on. Due to various reasons, I had to move to a house with my friends. Initially we had no problem
coz we had a girl who cooked. One fine day, I was alone at home and there was no breakfast. I was really hungry and there was no instant noodles. I had to cook something. I called my mom asked her menu to prepare "kichidi". With burns and cuts, I managed to cook something that looked very much like kichidi. First I tasted a little, hmmm the salt and spice was correct. But the kichidi was like a paste. With rats crawling in my stomach, I had not other go. So I swallowed the kichidi paste. That was my terrible first cooking experience.

Then gradually I started looking into what is being done, what I have done wrong. Cooking is not a nightmare anymore. Now I make fun saying "Cooking is all about slating onions ;)".

I have started adapting cooking as my relaxation mechanism. When I am irritated, I go into the kitchen and try out dish. It helps me unjam my mind. Cooking is just slating onions and a
therapy to me :D.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good blog pavithra, thats y i say cooking is not rocket science ;)

- subhadra devi varanasi

Related Posts with Thumbnails