Pages

2008-11-22

Music, Band and Ooh lalala

Music is essence of life. As in a comedy scene, Music is everywhere. It’s in the child’s cry and in the furious thunder. I am not a singer/instrumentalist. Frankly, I can say I am a bad bathroom singer. I don’t have the understanding of raagas/pitches. My singing is cacophonous, monotonous and literally like a speech. But I have always been a sincere and great audience. I have enjoyed music and lyrics at all times.

Recently I was having a discussion with my friend about the Airtel Super Singer show that was coming in Vijay TV (A Tamil Channel). He told me about his favourite music show Ooh Lalala that was broadcasted in SUN TV in 2007 July. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the opportunity to watch the program. So, he took the pain of googling and finding me the online episodes of the show.



I was dying to watch it coz it was judged by the legend AR Rehman himself. Once I watched the first episode, I was shocked, coz I never knew there were so many bands in TN and so many youngsters with such excellent talents.
 And also I was able to identify many faces. Some of them were people from college and few from various other musical shows. Few faces from my college:

In Episode 3/4 – Band “Oxygen’s” Lead singer Vijay Krishnan was in our college troop

In Episode 3/4 – Band “Innovacious’s” Lead singer Pavithra was also in our college troop

In Episode 5 – Band “Tech Music” It’s our college troop

Here is the links for the episodes:  People who missed the show can enjoy. 

http://www.tamilpeek.com/search.php?find=ooh+lalala&B1=Find


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails