Pages

2008-11-13

Effect of MBA on me!!!

My first introduction to MBA was at my 2nd grade in school. My dad was pursuing his MBA by distance learning. I was too little to understand what MBA is really. But s

ince my dad had an MBA to his qualification, I wanted in mine too. During my under graduation, I had a management paper. The lecturer for the paper was a pro in it. When he lectured about various companies/CEO, I imagined myself as the CEO/Board of directors/the person in the case study. I made decisions, discussed the problem, brought new changes etc.. That is when I really understood what a MBA graduate do?

After few months in my first job, I understood it will take years to do any real managerial task and I didn’t find any little scope for my CEO dreams. So I decided to pursue an MBA, a short cut for my dream was the intention ;). I enrolled for the CAT coaching. First few days were just lecturers on Management schools, their exams and selection procedures. I was instructed to read newspaper daily, books from various genres, vocabulary building, etc... Newspaper was never been my game. I always preferred reading the news that appears in the scroll bar. Slowly, I forced myself to read newspaper. Within a few weeks, I was loving newspaper [Not the one with gossips and pictures ;)]. Reading what is happening around the world and analysing different issues was interesting. In school I read Nancy Drew, Famous five, etc...

And in college it had been always Sydney Sheldon and harry potter. Now, I experimented with many new genres like Philosophy, biography, comedy, adventure so on and so forth. I was able to notice that there is a lot of change in me. My reading habit has changed. I have started looking at things from a broader scope. I started listening to business news, hearing stock market updates, judge laws passed. I just loved it all.

As I was struggling to cope up my verbal, quantitative and other skills, personal issues popped and I had to quit from CAT preparation and pursue MBA. I am not worried that I couldn’t appear for CAT/become an MBA in the near future. I am happy the way MBA has transformed my life. It has exposed me to a bigger world and had given me a new approach to life. If not an business manager/event manager/ marketing manager, I can always be a home manager ;). Love u MBA and thank u MBA [:D].


5 comments:

Pradheep.A.R said...

Why a Pause. Resume

Anonymous said...

I wanna know what that problem is...

pavan said...

Dear Pavithra Gunasekaran gru postings ... keep going .... keep up the sperit and MBA is not the destination.. as u said there are many avenues that u can reach

Sureshkannan said...

Good post. It clearly shows your decision making has been improved. Thought i'm not very keen on Further Studies, what really matter is "interest" and "focus". if you look successful CEO's, are college drop outs. Whatever you wish at some point and pray for that, eventually you will be awarded with that.

Karthik.V said...

well said!!jus the reflection of my thoughts abt doing MBA which is going on in my mind now..!
came across your blog from my college friend's blog..keep writing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails