Pages

2010-01-13

Bhonda Memories

Yesterday, when I was rushing back home, I bumped into a delicatessen, the oily Bhajji blended with the mint chutney, tantalized my olfactive senses. I had no time to spare so had to advance. But as I continued rushing, I pondered my mind to recollect when was the last time I had a Bhajji or my favorite Alu Bhonda. During my school days, my grandmom made alu bhonda for my birthday every year. In the name of assisting her, I used to gulp few alu balls. Though I was not able to recollect when I had those alu balls, the delicious tastes lingers in my mouth even now as I recall.


Looking back now, I miss those days. I didn't know what pizza or burger was, had near heard of appetizer or starter or desserts, never used the word “course”, it was just first round sambhar, second round rasam and third round curd rice. Not that I have stopped eating my authentic food. 80% of my meal is still authentic, but slowly the percentage is decreasing.

In this programmed world, I have adapted to the routine. But, When I smelt the Bhajji, I had a strange feeling. A feeling similar to the moments I recollect with friends in college/school. Though I am in contact with them, there is a something that I miss. May be my room, the hostel or the whole atmosphere. A shallow pain.


5 comments:

Shashank said...

Bhonda memories.... kinda relate to that. Last time I had one was in my boarding school. Bhonda was served to the veg. kids while others got boiled eggs & I always managed to exchange my egg :D.
Nice reading.

--
http://henceproved.co.cc/

Kamaljeet Singh said...

i like ur posts...quite random...keep on the good work

MADHU RAO | (INDImag.COM) said...

You have a nice bloh. Loved the nostalgi bonda-bajji post. You passed on it ? *sigh* we usually drive 30 miles one way for it ; banes of being away from home...

Anonymous said...

ha ha..I didn't read the post but the word 'Bhonda' caught my eyes. It reminds me of a local slang for 'ugly' which we used to use, when I was a kid. Had a good laugh.
Well, I miss the bonda of our college canteen - from the core of my heart. I dunno, but I really liked it :)

Anonymous said...

and now that I read your blog, yes it makes me nostalgic as well (of the college days). There was a special liking for the 'Bonda' of our canteen shared by me and good friends of mine. We had unofficially termed it as the best cuisine of College canteen :) and then we used to have a hearty laugh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails