Pages

2012-07-13

On my 26th birthday

Its my 26th birthday. Hmmm.. Only on my 18th birthday I wanted to shout out loud saying I am 18 and I am a major now. Rest all birthdays reminds me I am getting old. Anyway birthday is  very special day. As a child, I loved distributing sweets. My mom used to bake cake and call the neighbours to cut it in the evening. In my teenage, I didn't want to cut cake just to show that I am a grown up and cutting cake is for kids. The cake cutting and rubbing the cream all over the face became a college thing. Then when I started working, cutting cake was more formal. You send a mail sweets at my desk and then followed but cutting cake in the evening with some chips etc.

The best parts of birthday are the new dress, gifts and the treat. I don't remember most of the dresses I bought for my birthday or the gifts I received but there are sweet little memories that linker like making chocolate balls with the left over icing of the cake my mom made, my friend Sugi wishing me happy birthday the whole day, the lunch at the Chinese restaurant etc. Every birthday is as special as the one before, its the people who we are with make it more special. This year its with my lil one who has already licked all over my face to show his love.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails