Pages

2010-06-11

A passion to Travel

I had been an admirer of different places and experience. But I never got a chance to visit many places. Two reasons, one: I am too timid to travel alone and secondly:  I was not able to find a travel mate. Anyways, now I have a defaulter, my hubby. He has promised to take me to every corner of the earth. However, whenever the time and finance permits. Hmmm.. We are optimistic and hoping to travel to North pole to South Pole, 1 place at a time. 

So, to remain passionate, I have been goggling around learning about different place. I should admit I have become a little travel guru, not an expert though. Researching about different places, when to visit, how to visit, what to see, what to buy, where to stay etc. have become my hobby now. 

Anyway, first I thought, I would compile all the information and create a blog/website. But there are enough number of websites and travel guides and hence one can get the info in one/other site. 
Courtesy: www.adventure-travel.org.uk
So, I am thinking of becoming a trip adviser (not a full-time though). There are many people who want to travel but don't know where/how/when etc. Best example is Honeymooners, they wanna travel somewhere romantic and different but not really knowing where. Here is my role. I will help them sort out their travel plan, personalize the trip planner according to their needs. Does it sound convincing? 

Anyway, people who have queries about travel can post a coment them here. I will try my best to help you. You can also refer me to others ;). 

Fingers crossed for the response. Do comment about my idea? Is it feasible ? Anything..

6 comments:

Pradnya Shetye said...

Nice Idea... You wont believe it, but i had exact thoughts sometime back... you see, to first explore some nice places myself before taking it to others... Even considered giving up my job to venture into a travel business altogether..but i guess i dont hv much guts to do something on my own like dat.. But nice to see my thoughts replicating in you :) Liked it..

Pavithra said...

@Pradnya
Thats awesome.. I am also an amateur. Same here.. No direction in the field of travel n tourism. So though will start off like this :D..

May be in future we can become partners in the field :D

cheeks said...

Hey Pavithra,

Not a bad option. We planned our Honeymoon on our own and its real fun to make your own plans for your trip.

I feel the real excitement of making your own trip plan will give a greater pleasure, value for money and more over "no one else to complain" gives an opportunity to have no complaints....

"Travel Planner" as a role needs something more,
even I am not sure :)

Karan said...

A nice thought.But no one but only you needs to implement it and then share your experience.

Vijay said...

dropping in to a nice blog here

come on
jump on to my blog
drop comments

follow if u really like it means

then what more
play as per ur wish on my blog..

Shubhs said...

Definitely a nice and exciting thought! But for feasibility ....personally I would take advice only from a person who has himself had experience of travelling to that place.
You can start by travelling and then advicing on that particular place !

Related Posts with Thumbnails