Pages

2010-03-19

Day 3 - Pulua Mayar Marine Park, Langkawi, Malaysia

Next morning early at 8:00, we had an awesome breakfast at Hotel Helang and started in the Coral Island Tour bus to the Jetty Point to board the Cruise to Puala Mayar Marine Park. First we headed to a hotel where we got our hands strapped with the Coral Island ribbon and then we were taken to the Jetty Point. It was my first time Cruising, I was so excited. In the cruise we took a nice seat near the glassed window. Within 10 mins, we set off on the sea. Instructions were given about the tour, but I didn’t pay much attention, because I was not able to take my eyes of the window. The sea was so beautiful, just a blue sea till my reach. There were also small and tiny islands looked like a floating rocks with plants on them.



After the cruise crossed the Langkawi sea limits, we were allowed to go to the upper open deck and enjoy the beauty of the sea. Air turbulence was pushing us in every direction. We stood there for sometime and went back to our seats. We reached Puala Payar Marine Park after 1 ½ hours of cruising. From the Cruise we took a speed boat to reach the shore. In the shore, the snorkeling equipments were distributed. Then we hit the beach.



The water was clean and cold. We were able to see some fishes with the bare eyes. Wearing the mask and snorkel, I dived into the water. Once the bubbles cleared, I was able to see the beautiful white sand and some pebbles, and I was about to stand up, I saw a group of fishes fishing under me. As a reflex, I tried to grab them but obviously it was not possible so swam with them for a while and stood up.

Initially, I was not using the snorkel correctly, so I was not able to dive for long time. Then, after I got it correct, I was not able to come out of the water. We snorkeled for a couple of hours. Swimming with fishes, seeing the beautiful corals and other aquatic life was an awesome experience. Next we fed the baby sharks. It was amazing to see the sharks rushing to fed at once the bread crumbs were thrown in the water. Around 3 PM, we started back from the Marine Park and reached the hotel. We had a quick shower and took a power nap.



Around 7 o’clock, we went to the Orkid Ria Restaurant. The food was awesome. I tasted the lobster first time there. Then after a good dinner, we went back to the hotel and rest for the day.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails