Pages

2009-12-17

Vegetarians among Non-Vegetarians

We (a group of 8 people), had a small party at “Barbeque Nation” yesterday. Except Me and my husband, all the others were vegetarian, partially though. Added to the hitch, there was a sea food festival going on. Our barbeque course had many options fishes, prawns, crabs, squid, chicken and mutton while the vegetarians had few. As our course kept coming, others felt abandoned. Since, I was throwing the party, I felt downhearted. To my relief, they had good choice in the buffet. Ultimately, the party was good and we all had a good time.



While returning home, I was trying to comprehend the situation from both the perspective.

Non-Vegetarian Speaks:
“How is it possible to eat grilled pineapple, when there is a rooster chicken in front of you? Wow! I should appreciate their determination. But sad, they have very little choice and it looks so dull, look at my plate how colorful it is. However, we don't see how it is prepared. It's a throw of the dice, there is always a risk of tangle.”

Vegetarian Speaks:
“How can they eat something that smells so bad? I hope there is a separate kitchen and they don't mix up the vessels. I hope the waiter served only the vegetarian food. God, its so annoying to reconfirm every time a dish is served and to wait for someone to taste it first. Look at those plates, they are always full, while mine is always empty. :@”

Being a non-vegetarian, I really feel sorry for the vegetarians. Also feeling bad for not letting them have a peaceful dinner. So, I will go with the majority and try veg restaurants henceforth.

What passes your mind when you are among vegetarian/non-vegetarian?

4 comments:

«AM» said...

Heh. The non-vegetarian should learn to accept the other's choice and the vegetarian should come to America where I am sure he won't eat out even once.

«AM» said...

Nice redesign, by the way..

Sachin Shah said...

Good post....happened with me a couple of times..I am a vegetarian so i always have to ask whether each dish which is coming on my table is vegetarian or not and that is really irritating.

OBVIOUS yet recondite said...

Hey Pavi,

Good one.. To be honest We (Veggie)group really enjoyed the barbeque that day and most of all the party was fun for lot of other reasons you know it very well ;)
So dont think so much when you have to host the part next time. We are ready to join you anytime :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails