Pages

2009-02-23

Kudos to AR

I have refreshed ibnlive a hundred times eagerly awaiting the results of Oscar (81st Academy Award). Finally, When I saw the magical words "winner" next to Slumdog Millionaire- AR Rahman in Original Score category, I literally jumped out of my chair. Like in Airtel ads, a student after passing the exam wanted to share his delight or the girl who lost weight jumped out, I just wanted to call everyone in my contacts to share the golden moment and my excitement. It was really a movement of delight. If I was at home I would have did a little dance and screamed a lot like when India won 20-20. But the moment was awesome.

Jai ho according to many was not the very best of AR. There are many of his other compositions that topped the list. But I don't care. I am so glad that he has won the award. There are many sportsmen who have achieved their best on the practice session but not in the game. Still they win and we praise. That's the same with AR. He had 100's of better composition which deserved more, but Jai Ho was the lucky one. All well that ends well.

Hope AR gets more
recognition internationally and keep making us proud. And AR please don't forget us!!! :D

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I read ur blog on AR for his prestigious award of OSCAR.Really great,let us share the delight and thank God for having blessed AR with skill to win the award.
KUDOS to AR

Venkat said...

Ur blog s gr8. It s true that there are better songs than Jai ho, but u r rite. This s not the right moment to dispute. But now my concern s politicizing of Jaiho - now election slogan of Congress. :-(

karThicK said...

Nice Blog.. Yes its true.. Even I felt the same when award goes to AR's jai ho.. One small correction in ur blog.. Thats not a Airtel Ad. thts Vodafone Ad.. :)

shankar said...

hi ur blog was very attractive.....................................................................................................

shankar said...

ur blog was verynice

Related Posts with Thumbnails