Pages

2008-09-02

Mission GM diet

Hmmm.. I had gained a lot of pounds in the past few months and it was high time I reduce. Gym was my first thought but when I hit the gym I start eating more :( So I was looking for an alternative. That was when GM diet was in the air.

GM diet!!! Hmmm.. Diet plans generally have names like low-fat diet, fruit diet, protein diet etc… GM diet is quiet a strange name. GM diet is a diet plan framed for employees and dependents of General Motors, Inc. Checkout the webpage: http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/~jajoo/gmdiet.html. The eye-catcher was “10-17 lbs per week”. Khool!!! Also check out the research and test information. So we have US Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration with the program.

My diet started on 25th August. I checked my weight before I started. I extended my diet by a day (little experiment). And the result is “it worked”. I have reduced 4 Kg. I feel my lighter now. So I thought I will share with you few tips and practices that might help you.

Day 1: I ate whenever I felt like eating. I started with two apples and then melons for the rest of the day. Dinner was a whole papaya. There is no limit for the amount of fruits we eat. Eat as much as possible. You will have a lot of craving today which is naturally. My advice is not to eat melon for dinner. Melon digests very soon.

Day 2: As in the page above I started the day with potatoes. Rest of the day was raw carrots and beet roots. Frankly day 2 is killing at least for me, I prefer vegetables fried. For dinner I had a bowl of boiled bottle guard. You will feel stronger today.

Day 3: Start and end the day with vegetables. You won’t fell tired. Courage is more important today. Most of my friends quit the diet on the day 3.

Day 4: Start the day with a glass of milk and eat only 8 big bananas. You won’t have the craving today. Your body is now adjusted to the diet. Following days will be easier.

Day 5: Today and tomorrow you will burn a lot of fat. For people who don't eat beef and for vegetarians, beef is a Class 1 or Primary protein. So you can substitute Vegetarian Class 1 Protein for beef. When I googled, I found Soya beans, Egg white, Paneer/Tofu and Leafy vegetable are class 1 proteins. For non-vegetarians, tuna fish, chicken can be substituted. I started a day with Soya crunches cooked in tomatoes and salt, then three boiled eggs white, later tofu cooked in palak(leafy vegetable) and dinner a few more boiled egg white. Paneer/Tofu sounds high fat, but the fact is protein needs fat for digestion. Since we don't eat any fat today, protein takes the fat from the body for digestion. Hence your fat is burnt today. Don't worry about the 12 glasses of water. The proteins will keep you tasty all the day long.

Day 6: Follow the Class 1 protein as day 5 with vegetables. Eat as much as possible. Eating more protein will burn more fat. So you can are on feast. My advice is avoiding oil on day 5 and day 6.

Day 7: Eat brown rice, vegetables and fruit juices. You are preparing the system back to your normal diet.

Check your weight. You can jump now. :D

I came across few WebPages which has substituted roti and dal on 5th and 6th day of the diet. From the analysis I did, I think it's a wrong practice. Roti and dal has a lots of carobs and surely not a substitute for beef.

Try GM diet and feel lighter. All it needs is a little courage and patience.

16 comments:

«AM» said...

hmmm.. interesting...

Sureshkannan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Enne kodumai idhe ellam ;)

Anonymous said...

I could manage to lose about 7 kgs. But your tummy will not get reduced proportionately.. u got to work out to have a flat stomach, for weight loss this is good, otherwise.. and also hairloss will be a little more than usual, so take diet rich in proteins n multivitamins after the 7th day atleast for 3-4days.Also you can eat sprouts along with the boiled vegetables.

Anonymous said...

- thx - nice article, well written and helpful content.
esp - checked out a few site for the beef alt - and all stressed on dal rice - which in my opinion is bad option as its carb instead of protein. Wanted to confirm on egg whites - and got the answer : )) thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am starting this GM Diet along with my husband and i shall let you all know how it goes, today is Day 1 for us.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am on day two today. So far....no issues. Enjoyed eating veggies today. Let's see how it goes tomorrow!?

Anonymous said...

I will start from tomorrow. Hope it works :-)

Anonymous said...

hey....chewing gums are fine....right?
or am I wrong....please confirm

Linta said...

Wow, nice write up and encouraging too. My husband and I started on this diet two days back. Like you said, Day 2 was killing! We are on third day today. Still have the craving, but I hope it will be worth it. Keeping fingers crossed! :)

satish,mtp said...

hi everyone,
today is my 7th day and i have lost 6kilos and 3inches hip size.
thanks for clarifying 5th and 6th day diet.
my gast troubles disappeared.
feeling very light.
will follow next month also.

Priyu said...

Hi Pavithra,
i just wanted to know the recipes you tried for your soya chunks and the palak tofu curry.Even though im a non veg eater i still would love to have veg when at diet :).I am not able to google any good ones for the soya chunks ... just to be on the right track it would be awesome if you could share on how u made them.
thanks

Shaks said...

Hi..
Wanted to check if we can have roti on day 5

Kedar said...

Hii. Please rply ASAP as this is my first day of GM diet plan.. I go for workout daily in gym and eat 4 egg white during day after that..can I continue same practice for remaining 6 days

Unknown said...

nice article

gm diet | gm diet plan | balanced diet | balance diet plan

Unknown said...

Hai ..thanks for your inputs ..
How many quantity of chicken we should take on day 5?

Related Posts with Thumbnails