Pages

2012-07-06

Small town girl

I was recalling the peaceful days I spent in Laos last year and realized that I am not a big city person. The couple of weeks, we spent in Laos was very relaxing. We felt the clock was ticking slower but in city like Bangalore 24 hours is not sufficient. Its a race to live in cities. The traffic, the honking and the hurrying people around makes me impatient. Even the air in cities has a rush.
Living in a big city, I miss the fresh air, the silent morning, chats during breakfast, the friendly neighbors and calm nights. I wish and pray that in my old age, I return to a small town where there isn't much to shop but yet I am happy, where there is no junk food chains but a hot bonda makes the evening tea spicy, where there is no cinema but still I am entertained, where my son can ride his cycle freely. I am a small town person and my heart aches for it.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails